The Electricity Supply Corporation of Malawi Limited (ESCOM) invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following vacant position in the Procurement Division:
Reporting to the Director of Procurement
Key specific responsibilities will include:
- Provision of leadership and direction in all matters relating to the procurement of goods, works and services;
- Efficient and effective management of a professional and high quality procurement service
- Managing and coordinating the procurement activities of the Corporation in strict compliance with the Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Act, the Regulations and desk instructions while adhering to current best practice in the profession.
- Preparation of Procurement plans through assessment of needs, corporate plans and budgets, corporate priorities and forecasts
- Preparation of cost estimates, budgets and forecast for the Procurement Department and reporting on trends, variances, challenges and risks
- Positioning the Procurement Department to become a reliable and proactive service provider for other Divisions of the Corporation.
- Setting and maintaining professional standards throughout each stage of the procurement cycle from Needs Assessment, Bid solicitation, Evaluation Awards, Contract Administration, Record Keeping and Supplier Appraisal.
- Preparation and review of Bidding Documents and Bid Evaluation Reports for Procurement of goods, works and services.
- Drafting procurement contracts for goods, works and services as well as conducting contract administration
- Provision of objective expert advice to the Internal Procurement and Disposal of Assets Committee (IPDC) on procurement policy practices while also providing secretarial services to the IPDC, as well as being the link between the Corporation and the Public Procurement and Disposal of Assets Authority (PPDA).
- Preparation of reports to ESCOM Management, user department and PPDA
- Any other relevant duties as assigned from time to time by the Director of Procurement.
Qualifications and experience:
Method of Application:
Interested candidates should submit their applications along with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified copies of qualifications and names of three (3) traceable referees by 22nd July 2018 to:
The Director of Human Resources and Administration
P O Box 2047
Only shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged and invited for interviews. Please, note that ESCOM is an equal opportunity employer.